What is Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream?
There are many causes of dark circles under one’s eyes or puffy eyes: allergies, eczema, contact dermatitis, hay fever, rubbing or scratching the eyes, sun exposure and fatigue. Other common causes include fatigue, and pigmentation irregularities, particularly in people of African or Asian heritage.
However, the most common cause is aging which results in thinning skin and loss of fat and collagen which causes wrinkling and making the blood vessels under the eyes more prominent, giving the appearance of dark circles.
Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream is an anti-aging eye cream that has been formulated to reduce the fine lines and wrinkles in the delicate skin surrounding the eyes. It is also said to reduce dark under-eye circles, as well as to prevent or eliminate puffiness while tightening and improving skin tone.
Said to be suitable for both men and women of all ages, and effective on all kinds of skin including mature, sun-damaged and sensitive skin, it is manufactured in the United States in an FDA-registered facility that complies to stringent Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards.
The big question, however, is whether it does what its manufacturer – Agelyss – says it does and how it compares to competitive products.
In order to answer these questions, we examined a host of eye cream reviews and compared these to what we found out about Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream.
Manufacturer Information and Claims About Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream
Positioned as an anti-aging eye cream, this Restorative Eye Cream is manufactured by Agelyss, a company that is GMP certified, and FDA registered using only quality ingredients that are verified by clinical research to ensure their quality and efficacy. In fact, Agelyss claims it is the “most effective anti-aging eye cream on the market, hands down”.
That’s a big claim, but Agelyss backs this by asserting that their products contain high proportions of clinically-proven, active ingredients – at least 10% – whereas competitive products contain far less (as little as 2% or less). In addition, Agelyss maintains that most other anti-aging eye creams have one, or perhaps two, clinically proven ingredients, while its product contains 5 active ingredients which are all clinically-proven, patented and/or trademarked.
Using all its science-backed research, Agelyss says its cream will boost the regeneration of the skin around your eyes by literally promoting collagen synthesis. In other words, the longer you use it, the better the results will be.
We went through the long list of ingredients found in Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream, looking for any that might be toxic (both to humans and the environment), harsh on your skin or known to provoke skin irritation such as artificial perfumes and the like. Most of these ingredients are usually included in an eye cream to make it creamy, smooth and easy-to-apply; as well as ensure it lasts without having to keep it in a refrigerator.
There was nothing that raised our concerns: no parabens hormones, phthalates, synthetic dyes, petrochemicals or animal products at all. In addition, the company uses only 100% pure, natural, steam-distilled/cold-pressed essential oils.
Then we took a closer look at the 5 scientifically tested and proven active ingredients and we were pleased to see that Agelyss did not only claim that these had been scientifically proven, but it also provided links to the actual research studies that had been done.
The active ingredients Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream are:
- Eyeliss. A clinical study involving 20 female volunteers, aged between 40 and 60, who all had chronic bags under their eyes, applied Eyeliss (3%) twice daily for 56 days. At the end of the trial, 70% of the volunteers had experienced an improvement in the firmness and elasticity in the skin surrounding the eye, helping to prevent and fight bags under the eye as well as smooth the appearance of fine lines.
- Syn-Coll. Developed in Switzerland by a company that synthesizes peptides for the pharmaceutical industry, Syn-Coll is a peptide – actually, a small tripeptide that mimics the human body’s own mechanism to produce collagen. This gives it a proven anti-wrinkle effect. It also protects collagen from degradation. Human studies have shown that compared to other anti-aging peptides on the market, Syn-Coll achieves better results. In addition, it has skin-firming and moisturizing properties.
- Regu-Age PF. This unique, paraben-free complex of specially purified natural rice and soy peptides has been shown in human tests to protect and strengthen the delicate skin under the eyes. In fact, a consumer study provided conclusive evidence that Regu-Age PF’s most important benefit is the improving of skin texture and the visible reduction in the appearance of under-eye dark circles and puffiness by more than 30% in 4 weeks.
- Syn-Eye. This is a multifunctional eye care formula that combines Syn-Peptide know-how with superior ingredients to visibly reduce lines and wrinkles around eyes within 7 days. Another 4-week split face study of European female volunteers aged between 35 and 55 years resulted in the volunteers experiencing visibly brighter skin color in the dark circle area after only 14 days.
- PhytoCellTec Alp Rose. This is a is a powder based on the stem cells of alpine rose leaves that has been shown to preserve skin cell function and vitality as well as change skin stem cell resistance and improve their vitality, protecting them against environmental damage. In fact, a clinical study performed in the Alps during winter confirmed the capacity of PhytoCellTec Alp Rose to reinforce the skin barrier and to reduce the typical signs of aging such as wrinkles, redness and loss of radiance.
Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream should be used daily – either at night or during the day. Simply apply a little to the tip of your finger, and gently massage it into the skin surrounding the eyes in a circular motion.
Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream Review – Does it Really Work?
With the incorporation of the five proven active ingredients outlined above, there is no doubt in our mind that Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream really does live up to its name. As an anti-aging cream, it does not only moisturize and nourish, it also lessens the appearance of wrinkles, puffiness and fine lines. However, in the longer-term, it has such a beneficial effect on collagen production that it can actually reverse the aging process by plumping up deep-set wrinkles and smoothing out fine lines.
Positive Benefits & Advantages of Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream
In our analysis of many anti-aging eye cream reviews, we found that Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream has some very distinct advantages, not least of which is the fact that because of the high dose and a high number of proven active ingredients, it works to:
- Brighten* and reduce* dark under-eye circles
- Firm* the skin around the eye
- Reduce* fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes
- Actually repair* the delicate skin under and around the eye
- Protect* this skin against climatic and environmental damage
- Moisturize* the surrounding eye skin
Disadvantages of Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream
We were unable to find any obvious negatives about this product. There is sufficient scientific and clinical evidence to indicate that it really does work, and it does not contain any ingredients that are known to cause adverse or allergic reactions. That said, even the safest products may result in negative reactions in some particularly sensitive individuals. It might also take longer for some people to achieve the desired results from the product – while in rare instances, it may not work at all for any number of reasons. In those instances, it is possible to return the product and claim a refund, which means that the only real negatives to complain about will be disappointment and hassle.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Does Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream offer any kind of guarantee?
Yes. Agelyss offers a full, 100% money-back guarantee (except for shipping costs) that is valid for 365 days following your purchase of the product. All you have to do is return any bottles (opened or unopened) and you will be refunded what you paid. So, for example, if you took advantage of the multiple bottle discounts offered on the manufacturer’s website, you will receive the discounted price back when you return your purchase.
Are there any precautions to be aware of?
There are no specific precautions you should be aware of, but, as with any new skincare product, it is always advisable to test it on a small spot on your face to see if you have any reaction.
How long before I notice positive results?
The manufacturer does not state the exact duration the user will start noticing a change. This is because every individual is different. Some may notice a change within 7 days; others may have to keep using the product for several weeks to achieve the same result.
Possible Side Effects With Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream
It is clear that Agelyss goes to considerable lengths to ensure the quality and efficacy of their product both in the manufacturing process and in the ingredients it contains. As noted above, Agelyss does not contain any substances that are high-risk for producing negative side effects. However, this does not mean that it everyone will react favorably to this cream. Take the usual precautions and if you experience any uncomfortable reactions – itching of the skin or the eyes, eye redness, a rash and so on, stop using the product.
Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream Review – Our Conclusion
Agelyss has gone to considerable lengths to develop a product that really can do what it says it can do. It has packed it with 10%, clinically proven ingredients that have been shown to do more than provide short-term relief from the tired-looking skin around eyes that is so aging. While some may consider this product expensive, purchasing directly from the manufacturer would make you eligible for multiple-purchase discounts as well as free shipping on orders of more than $79.
Where To Find It?
You can purchase Agelyss Restorative Eye Cream directly from the Agelyss Website.
*Everyone is different, so results may vary between individuals. This website provides information that is intended for informational purposes only. The information is in no way intended to self diagnose, or treat any condition. We always recommend that you consult with your healthcare professional before embarking on any new diet, exercise regime or other lifestyle changes.
Disclosure of material content: In accordance with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission” 16 CFR, section 255 guide entitled ‘Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials’, we only recommend those products that we believe will provide positive results to those who want to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Note that some of the links in our reviews are associate sales links which means that we have financial interest in these products.