This is our review of Hyten Ketoboost, one of several exogenous ketone supplements on the market that are designed to make it easier for people trying to lose weight on a low-carbohydrate, high-fat ketogenic (keto) diet to achieve their goal.
Exogenous ketones are ketones that are ingested through a nutritional supplement (like Hyten Ketoboost); ketones that are produced naturally in the liver are called endogenous ketones. When added via supplementation, exogenous ketones are designed to immediately put the body into a state of ketosis (a fat-burning state), while reaching a state of ketosis naturally can take several days off following an extremely restricted eating plan.
In addition to being positioned as a product that rapidly puts your body into ketosis and promotes ketogenesis thanks to its patented formula that suppresses glucose levels, Hyten Ketoboost is also designed to deliver additional energy to athletes prior to a workout. It is also designed as a ketone electrolyte replacement that works to eliminate the unpleasant keto “flu” symptoms associated with being in a state of ketosis.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid and Calcium ascorbate) 100mg
- Thiamin (Thiamin HCI) 1mg
- Riboflavin (Riboflavin and Riboflavin 5-Phosphate) 1mg
- Niacin (Niacin and Niacinamide) 1mg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamine) 250mcg
- Calcium (Calcium carbonate) 36mg
- Zinc (Zinc citrate) 3mg
- Selenium (Seleno L-methionine) 15mcg
- Copper ICopper bisglycinate) 0.5mg’
- Manganese (Manganese citrate) 0.5mg
- Chromium (Chromium GTF) 33mcg
- Potassium (Tripotassium citrate) 53mg
- Proprietary Hyten Energy Blend 1420mg
- KETOBA (Magnesium beta hydroxybutyrate, Butyric acid), Green tea leaf extract (camellia sinensis) 50% Caffine (110mg)
- Boron (citrate) 175mcg
- Other ingredients: Hyten natural flavor pack (natural mango and peach flavor, Malic acid, Citric acid, natural masking flavors, Prosweet natural flavor, Stevia extract, Stevia leaf powder, Silicon dioxide and Beta Carotene for color)
Total carbohydrate 1g
Unsurprisingly, the constituents of the main ingredient in the product – the proprietary Hyten Energy Blend – are not specified. While this is understandable, we do find it somewhat disconcerting. We believe that as a health supplement, we should know exactly what we are putting into our bodies.
Dissolve one sachet of power into 500ml water for pre-workout support. You can have an additional sachet of power dissolved in water any other time of the day for maintenance. For a stronger flavor, you can reduce the water to 250ml. Not all the powder will dissolve.
30 powder sachets per box. You can buy one 30-sachet box of Hyten Ketoboost directly from the manufacturer for $70. However, the same product can be obtained from Amazon for $57.95
Hyten Ketoboost comes with a “100% lifetime guarantee”. If you don’t find Ketoboost works for you, you simply have to return it to the manufacturer for a full refund – no questions asked.
Hyten Ketoboost Review – Conclusion
Hyten has worked hard to produce a product that is designed to take much of the negativity around the difficulties people face when trying to stick to a ketogenic diet – remaining in a permanent state of ketosis. We were impressed by the passion with which the manufacturer is prepared to stand by the product, by offering a “lifetime guarantee”.
However, Hyten Ketoboost has received mixed reviews, with about an equal number claiming it works for them, and as many stating that it doesn’t.
Despite the fact that Hyten bills it as a “delicious peach mango drink”, many reviews indicate that it neither tastes nor smells like mango or peach. In fact one reviewer said it tasted like dirty foot water. Our research indicates that there are similar products on the market that may be more palatable.