This is a review of Ketolabs Ketocore. One of the main concerns about the growing popularity of the low-carbohydrate, high-fat Ketogenic (Keto) diets revolution, is that its followers may not be getting all the micronutrients their bodies need. Ketolabs formulated Ketocore as a multivitamin supplement to address the most common deficiencies associated with Ketogenic, Paleo, Zone and Atkins diets. However, is also designed to be beneficial to anyone on any diet.
- Vitamin A (Vitamin A Palmitate) 5000IU
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 500mg
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 2000IU
- Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 100IU
- Vitamin K1 (Phytonadione) 100mcg
- Thiamin (Thiamin HCI) 50mg
- Riboflavin 50mg
- Niacin 14mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCI) 30mg
- Folic Acid 400mcg
- Panthothenic Acid (D-Calcium Pantothenate) 45mg
- Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate) 30mg
- Iodine (from Kelp) 75mg
- Magnesium (Magnesium Amino Acid Chelate) 200mg
- Zinc (as Zinc Amino Acid Chelate) 15mg
- Selenium (Selenium Aminoo Acid Chelate) 120mcg
- Copper (as Coppoer Amino Acid Chelate) 6mg
- Magnanese (anganese Amino Acid Chelate) 12mg
- Chromium (Chromium Amino Acide Chelate) 200mcg
- Potassium 50mg
- Molybdenum (Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate) 40mcg
- Lactobacillus acidophilus 200mg
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) 20mg
- Coenzyme Q10 10mg
- Boron (as Boron Amino Acid Chelate) 2mg
Other ingredients: gelatine capsule and Magnesium Stearate
Compared to many other generic multivitamins, Ketolabs Ketocore contains more Vitamin D, Probiotics, ALA, and more natural, chelated, ingredients. It is interesting to see Vitamins B12, C, D3, and E, Chromium, CoQ10, Niacin, Zinc, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Digestive Enzymes, Electrolytes such as chelated Magnesium and Potassium in the mix, but no iron. This combination of ingredients appears to have been formulated to improve glucose metabolism; ease gas, bloating and heartburn; and reduce cramping during physical activity.
However, there may be some concerns about the use of Magnesium Stearate.
The recommended dosage is three capsules per day with meals. Although this is not made clear, this probably means one capsule with each of your three main meals.
You can purchase a bottle of 90 capsules for $29,88 on the manufacturer’s website, which is apparently reduced from $50. This excludes a standard shipping fee of $5.99. Ketolabs Ketocore sells on Amazon for virtually the same basic “special” price.
Ketolabs does not appear to offer any guarantee on this product. Could this indicate that the manufacturer may not have full confidence in the efficacy of Ketolabs Ketocore multivitamins?
Ketolabs Ketocore Review – Conclusion
Ketolabs Ketocore is a comprehensive multivitamin that has been tailored to the needs of adherents of any one of the versions of the popular low-carb, high-fat Keto diets. It is manufactured in the US in facilities that are cGMP certified as well as FDA inspected and approved. It also has generally positive reviews with a 7$% five-star rating on Amazon, and virtually no one- or two-star reviews.
However, the product is quite pricey and we noticed many complaints about this.
While, Ketolabs Ketocore does not contain any fillers, we noticed that it does contain Magnesium Stearate, a substance that’s added to many food supplements mainly to aid in the manufacturing process. Recent studies appear to indicate that magnesium stearate may have a negative impact on one’s skin and liver if taken in sufficient quantities.
We were also concerned that Ketolabs does not appear to offer any guarantees on this multivitamin product.