Vitanica Menopause Support carries several products that claim to be pure botanical herbal menopause relief supplements. They make Women’s Phase II, Black Cohosh, Red Clover, Soy Choice, Phyto Estrogen Herbal, HRT Companion and Woman’s Passage. Women’s Phase II has been proven effective during a trial conducted by two naturopathic colleges. We have decided to focus on Women’s Phase II as this is their signature supplement.
Women’s Phase II uses the most common herbal ingredients to formulate their product:
- Dong quai root – is a plant that is used for cramps related to menstrual cycles, other premenstrual discomforts as well as menopause. Dong quai lacks any information on its effectiveness for these symptoms but is shown to be beneficial in preventing premature ejaculation in men.
- Licorice root – most commonly known for its flavoring in foods and drinks; it is commonly used to treat various digestive complaints, sore throats and osteoarthritis. It is believed to contain chemicals that may reduce swelling, inflammation and to help the body heal stomach ulcers.
- Burdock root – is used to increase urination, kill germs and reduce fever. It has been used to treat colds, cancers, gastrointestinal complaints as well as other infections. There have been reports of poisoning associated with burdock due to contamination from other root plant called belladonna. Burdock might help the body fight against bacterial infections.
- Motherwort leaf – is used to thin the blood and to slow rapid heartbeat. It is used to stimulate blood flow. It has been used for other heart related conditions and for flatulence.
- Wild Yam root – is commonly used as a hormone treatment alternative because it contains diosgenin which is commonly converted into steroidal estrogen in a lab. The body cannot convert diosgenin into estrogen.
The capsules are vegetarian friendly.
The suggested daily dosage for Women’s Phase II is taking two capsules two times a day for a total of four capsules.
Women’s Phase II comes in bottles of 90 and 180 capsules. The prices range from $16.75 for 90 capsules and $27.95 for 180 capsules. By purchasing the larger bottle of 180 capsules you can save $5.55.
We have been unable to locate a product specific guarantee for the Vitanica products. However, they do have a store locator. Since Vitanica Women’s Phase II is sold in third party location guarantees and product returns will be specific to each individual retailer. It is important to note that the store locator available on the Vitanica website does not work. Alternatively you can call them or email them with any inquiries.
Vitanica Menopause Support Conclusion
The limited information available about this company or its products makes it difficult to recommend this as an effective treatment for the signs and discomforts of menopause. Price is similar to other products that make the same claims.