What is Agelyss Even Complexion Serum?
Age spots are one of the most common and disfiguring signs of aging, affecting various parts of the body – most commonly the face and back of the hands. Sometimes referred to as “liver spots” – although they have nothing to do with the liver – they are usually the result of years of sun damage. The sun’s ultraviolet light speeds up the production of melanin (pigment cells). Age spots appear when the melanin clumps together or when there are high concentrations of it in the skin.
However, age spots or hyperpigmentation can also result from inflammation or other skin injuries including acne. People with darker skin are more likely to experience hyperpigmentation, especially after years of exposure to the sun.
Fortunately, there are many skin lightening products on the market that can help to improve the tone and texture of your skin, by reducing the appearance of these dark spots. In fact, search the term “skin lightener” and you will be surprised at just how many skin lightener reviews appear.
This is our review of Agelyss Even Complexion Serum.
Manufacturer Information and Claims About Agelyss Even Complexion Serum
According to Agelyss, a company that is Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) certified and FDA registered, the Even Complexion Serum is manufactured in the United States and has been formulated to even out your complexion, lighten age spots, dark circles and other symptoms of hyperpigmentation, reduce discoloration, and even possibly reverse the signs of sun damage that are so aging.
In fact, Agelyss maintains that this skin brightening serum will not only promote a healthy and radiant glow to your skin – giving it a far more youthful appearance – in the longer term it may also prevent melanin production, helping you to maintain a smooth, uniform and youthful-looking complexion, safely.
Many skin lightening products have developed a really bad reputation over the years for incorporating harsh and damaging ingredients that leave the skin with unsightly patches. Agelyss uses only ingredients that have been scientifically tested and proven to be non-toxic and gentle on the skin, while effectively doing what they are supposed to do.
In addition, Agelyss prides itself on the fact that its products contain high concentrations of the important active ingredients that do the work – the products you are really paying for. While most competitive products contain only 2% active ingredients, Agelyss Even Complexion Serum contains 10%. As importantly, it contains five active ingredients that have been clinically-proven, trademarked and patented. In other words, they work!
Agelyss Even Complexion Serum contains a long list of basic ingredients found in many popular skin care serums, and which are required to preserve the product and enable the easy application of its active ingredients.
The active ingredients in Agelyss Even Complexion Serum are:
- Alpaflor Gigawhite: Developed from a botanical extract of Alpine plants, this is a skin brightener that actively inhibits the production of melanin in the skin. Human studies show that at concentrations of 5%, Alpaflor Gigawhite produces a significant reduction of age spots and a general lightening of skin after 12 weeks of treatment – without any signs of irritation.
- Pentavitin: This is a 100% natural and plant-derived deep hydration ingredient that works by binding to keratin in the dry, upper scaly skin layers, generating a moisture reserve that has been proven to last for 72 hours. This not only maintains an optimal moisture balance but locates the moisture where it is needed most, thus reducing dryness and irritation, even in environmental conditions that dehydrate the skin.
- Stay-C 50: This is a stable form of vitamin C, more widely known as a powerful antioxidant that stimulates collagen production and increases skin firmness. A 3-month study on Asian volunteers revealed that regular use of cream with Stay-C 50 had a 25% skin-lightening effect, and reduced the intensity of facial age spots. It also helps to protect the skin from further sun damage and improves the appearance of acne scars.
- Regu-Fade: This is a powerful antioxidant that has been found to visibly lighten and brighten skin tone by reducing hyperpigmentation. A 90-day double-blind, placebo-controlled study involving 52 Indian female volunteers who applied a cream with Regu-Fade 2 times a day to their forearms resulted in significant skin lightening. In another double-blind, placebo controlled study on 12 Caucasian volunteers, creams were applied 3 times daily to their forearms with similar skin-brightening effects in just 14 days.
- PhytoCell Tec Al Rose: This ingredient is based on the stem cells of the alpine rose leaves which contain special epigenetic factors and metabolites. Studies have shown it to be effective in preserving human skin stem cells’ function, providing protection from harsh external elements and aiding skin cell renewal.
You should massage Agelyss Even Complexion Serum directly onto the entire face and neck daily, throughout the day. It should be applied under your regular moisturizer. For best results, it should be applied at least twice daily, but you can use it more often if required.
Agelyss Even Complexion Serum Review – Does it Really Work?
Because this product contains the strongest active skin lightening ingredients without requiring a prescription, we are assured, that it does, in fact, work as advertised. Cementing the scientific claims, are the myriads of positive reviews from real customers who have seen real lightening results.
Positive Benefits & Advantages of Agelyss Even Complexion Serum
In addition to lightening and brightening skin on the face and neck, and reducing the appearance of age spots, Agelyss Even Complexion Serum:
- Evens* out skin texture
- Delivers* a smooth, even skin tone
- Reduces* skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation
- Provides* long-term protection against external elements
- Reduces* the aging effects of the sun
- Provides* long-term protection against the development of more aging marks and spots by preventing the production of excess melanin.
The result is a lighter, brighter, more radiant and even-looking skin tone.
Agelyss Even Complexion Serum does not contain any parabens hormones, phthalates, synthetic dyes or petrochemicals, that are commonly associated with unpleasant side effects such as irritations, allergies or worse. In addition, the company uses only 100% pure, natural, steam-distilled/cold-pressed essential oils.
Agelyss Even Complexion Serum is made for both men and women and works equally well for both, which is important as no one is immune to sun damage.
Disadvantages of Agelyss Even Complexion Serum
We were unable to pinpoint any specific disadvantage of Agelyss Even Complexion Serum.
One complaint you might have is that the product is quite expensive. However, that also means that is is not cheap, in both the literal and figurative sense of the word. Quality costs, and based on the research that has gone into the development of the active ingredients, it is probably worth paying slightly more for a product that has the best chance of delivering the type of results you would want.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Does Agelyss Even Complexion Serum offer any kind of guarantee?
All Agelyss products come with a no-questions-asked, one-year, 100% money back guarantee (minus any shipping charges). This applies to both opened and unopened containers. You can find more information about this on the Agelyss website here.
Are there any precautions to be aware of?
When using a skin care product, it is always wise to be alert to the fact that everyone is different, and even the most “allergenic-free” product could produce an unexpected, rare side effect in one or two individuals. Watch out for any untoward signs or symptoms, and stop using the product if you experience anything that concerns you.
How long before I notice positive results?
Agelyss does not specify how long it will be before you can expect to see results. This is because everyone is different and some people may react slower (or faster) to the product. The research indicates that it may be possible to see some improvements within 14 days, but for long-term effects, including the prevention of further development of age spots, it would be necessary to use the product for a prolonged period of time.
Possible Side Effects with Agelyss Even Complexion Serum
The product does not incorporate any ingredients that are found in the lists of well-known skin irritants or those known to cause allergies and other potentially dangerous side effects.
Agelyss Even Complexion Serum Review – Our Conclusion
Agelyss Even Complexion Serum is a good product with many advantages over other skin lightening products, based on the skin lightening reviews we have examined.
We like the fact that apart from its reliance on proven science, and that its active ingredients have been subjected to clinical trials, it has not been tested in any way on animals. In addition, it does not incorporate any animal by-products and is thus suitable for use by vegans and those concerned about using only ethically produced cruelty-free products.
Where To Find It?
For more details about Agelyss Even Complexion Serum, including details of how to order it, please visit the official website of the product. Alternatively, you could purchase the products on Amazon but you may miss out on the special offers provided by Agelyss, including a 66% discount on a six month supply, or free shipping on orders of more than one container.
Everyone is different, so results may vary between individuals. This website provides information that is intended for informational purposes only. The information is in no way intended to self diagnose, or treat any condition. We always recommend that you consult with your healthcare professional before embarking on any new diet, exercise regime or other lifestyle changes.
Disclosure of material content: In accordance with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission” 16 CFR, section 255 guide entitled ‘Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials’, we only recommend those products that we believe will provide positive results to those who want to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Note that some of the links in our reviews are associate sales links which means that we have financial interest in these products.