What is Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer?
As we age, our skin tends to become drier and thinner, resulting in wrinkles, lines, and blemishes. Taking care of our skin by locking in its natural moisture and protecting it against the elements like sun, wind and pollution, can help slow and even reverse the visible signs of aging. One of the easiest ways to do this is to use a quality facial moisturizer as part of your daily skincare routine.
Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer is an anti-aging facial moisturizer that has been formulated to hydrate, nourish, restore and repair your skin, to make you look younger and feel wonderful.
Manufactured in the United States, in an FDA registered facility that is also Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) certified and available on their website, Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer contains no fewer than 5 patented, trademarked and clinically proven active ingredients. We scoured dozens of moisturizer reviews but were unable to find any other product that contained as many. In fact, most only contain 1 or 2 active ingredients.
However, what really counts is whether all these ingredients combine to make an effective and safe product. Read on for our considered assessment of Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer.
Manufacturer Information and Claims About Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer
Billed as an anti-aging moisturizer, this product is manufactured by Agelyss, a company that specializes in the development and manufacture of skin care and beauty products. Agelyss prides itself on the depth of the research involved in the formulation of each of its products, using clinical data and actual science to produce a range of products that it says is the most effective they can be.
This is achieved not only because of the type and number of active ingredients used, but also the surprisingly high quantity. While many moisturizers contain around 2% of active ingredients, Agelyss has ensured that its product contains 10% active ingredients.
These are then combined into the finished product in a GMP certified and FDA registered facility in the United States, where the finished product is in an airtight container to ensure the purity, integrity, and non-contamination of the product.
The active ingredients in this anti-aging moisturizer are:
- Pentavitin – a highly effective moisture regulator that binds to keratin in the skin to keep the moisture balance correct not just on the surface skin layers, but deep down, where it can actually resolve a dry skin condition. It also functions under the most drying conditions, where traditional moisturizing agents lose their effectiveness.
- Argireline NP – a peptide that has been shown to reduce the degree of existing facial wrinkles and even to limit their development. Studies have shown that by applying Agireline P twice a day, a significant, positive difference can be detected after only 15 days.
- Glucare S 2% – This has been shown to revitalize the skin’s own active defense system and enhance the natural repair processes of damaged skin, as well as to boost the skin’s natural protection system. All this results in healthier and less aged skin.
- Stay-C 50 – a stable form of vitamin C that provides powerful antioxidants to stimulate collagen production and increase skin firmness. In addition, it helps to protect against sun damage and enhance skin tone and appearance. Another benefit is that is has been shown to improve the appearance of acne blemishes and age spots.
- Trylagen PCB – a combination of active peptides and proteins that have been shown to help restore and maintain youthful collagen levels and slow down collagen degradation, thus helping the maintenance of a healthy, youthful skin.
The Agelyss website provides links to a range of scientific, independent studies that back the claims related to each of these ingredients.
Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer also contains a host of other non-active ingredients such as Glycerin, Sweet Almond Oil, Citric Acid and so on (the full list of ingredients is also available on the website), which are basic preservatives and substances that are required in any creamy cosmetic formulation to ensure it is easy to apply and does not go rancid.
It is, however, important to note that, like all Agelyss skin care products, this moisturizer does not contain parabens, hormones, phthalates, synthetic dyes, petrochemical or animal by-products or synthetic fragrances. The oils in the product are all 100% pure, steam-distilled or cold-pressed.
For best results, Agelyss recommends that this moisturizer be applied at least twice daily, once in the morning and again at night. After cleaning the face and neck, you should massage it directly onto the entire face and neck. If necessary, it can be applied more frequently if needed.
Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer Review – Does it Really Work?
The moisturizer that’s best for you depends on many factors, including your skin type, your age and whether you have conditions such as acne or allergic eczema or dermatitis. One of the key advantages of Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer is that its active ingredients have been shown to be effective for all skin types:
- Normal skin – it helps to maintain the natural balance of the skin, is light and non-greasy.
- Dry skin – it helps to restore moisture to the skin and keep it hydrated.
- Oily skin – even skin prone to acne and breakouts require moisture, especially after using skin care products that remove oils and dry the skin. This product provides that moisture.
- Mature skin – skin becomes drier as you age because your oil-producing glands become less active. This product helps to hold in moisture and prevent flaky, scaly skin.
- Sensitive skin – this product contains soothing ingredients for skins that are susceptible to skin irritations, redness, itching, and rashes; does not contain potential allergens or acids that can irritate sensitive skin.
Positive Benefits & Advantages of Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer
- It is easy to apply
- It uses five active ingredients that have been proven to penetrate deep into the dermal layers to boost collagen production, and thus increase the skin’s elasticity, suppleness and glow.
- It promotes skin cell turnover and aids in skin renewal.
- It also has a positive effect on skin texture.
- It protects the skin both by activating the skin’s own defense system, as well as by protecting against free radical damage.
- It is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive and sun-damaged skin, as well as for all age groups.
- It is also suitable for both men and women.
- It is a cruelty-free product that has not been tested on animals.
- It does not contain any animal by-products and is thus vegan-friendly.
- It comes with a one-year, 100% money-back guarantee from the manufacturer – even if the jar has been opened.
Disadvantages of Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer?
We were unable to pinpoint any specific disadvantages of Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer. However, it should always be borne in mind that regardless of the care taken in the manufacture of the product, and the care taken to use only pure, scientifically tested and proven ingredients, there is always a chance that some people may have a negative reaction to the product.
If you experience any unpleasant symptoms, such as redness, tingling, a rash, or swelling after applying this product, stop using it.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Does Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer offer any kind of guarantee?
Agelyss offers a 365-day, 100% money-back (not including shipping costs) guarantee on all its products. If you are dissatisfied with this moisturizer for any reason, simply return all opened and unopened jars to Ageless to claim your refund.
Are there any precautions to be aware of?
There are no specific precautions you should be aware of, apart from keeping it away from your eyes. If it does get in your eyes, wipe it way with a damp clean cloth or cotton pad. However, as with any new cosmetic product – and particularly if you have a sensitive skin – test it on a small spot on your arm or face to see if you have any reaction.
How long before I notice positive results?
The manufacturer points out that because everyone is different, the time taken to produce positive, visible results will vary from one individual to another. Some users apparently notice an immediate difference, while for others, the improvement could take several days – or even a month or two.
Possible Side Effects With Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer
Many moisturizers contain ingredients that, although considered safe, may result in unpleasant skin reactions. In fact, moisturizers are the main culprits of allergic contact dermatitis.
A study of over 276 moisturizers found that 83% contained at least one of the 10 most common allergens in moisturizers including:
- Vitamin E*
- Essential oils* and biological additives
- Benzyl alcohol
- Propylene glycol
- Formaldehyde-releasing preservatives
- Iodopropynyl butylcarbanate*
- Kathon CG
Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer contains three of these: Vitamin E, essential oil and butylcarbanate. None of these ingredients are “bad” in themselves. The research simply indicates that some individuals may experience what is essentially an unusual reaction to one or more of the ingredients. Even if a product does not contain any of the ingredients on this list, there are individuals who may have an extremely rare reaction to that product, despite all the precautions the manufacturer has taken to prevent this.
Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer Review – Our Conclusion
Of the literally hundreds of facial moisturizers available on the market, there is no doubt in our minds that Agelyss Hydrating Moisturizer is one of the best. It contains a high concentration of no fewer than 5 tested (not on animals) and proven active ingredients, it is manufactured in the US under stringent quality controlled conditions, and it comes with a 100% money-back guarantee that’s valid for a full year from the date of purchase.
Where To Find It?
For more details, please go to the official website of the product.
*Everyone is different, so results may vary between individuals. This website provides information that is intended for informational purposes only. The information is in no way intended to self diagnose, or treat any condition. We always recommend that you consult with your healthcare professional before embarking on any new diet, exercise regime or other lifestyle changes.
Disclosure of material content: In accordance with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission” 16 CFR, section 255 guide entitled ‘Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials’, we only recommend those products that we believe will provide positive results to those who want to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Note that some of the links in our reviews are associate sales links which means that we have financial interest in these products.